Our Top 10 Favorite Eco Friendly Back to School Basics
It's almost time to head back to school and no matter what school looks like for you this year, you can start out with some eco friendly essentials to ease your mind about your how big your footprint is. We wanted to share some of our favorites with you to make your shopping a bit easier.
*Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
1. Three Leaf Pencils - These pencils are made from torn strips of recycled paper, making them completely tree-free, eco-friendly and biodegradable. By using these pencils you are doing your little part in saving the Earth.
2. Mintra Recycled Notebooks - Recycled fiber board covers and recycled paper make these our first choice for notebooks. Most eco-friendly notebooks feature plain covers, but we love these for the simple pretty designs.
3. Fluf Zipper Lunch Bag - Washable and Reusable with a water resistant lining and made from Organic cotton canvas. With several designs and color combos to choose from, this bag can grow with your child from 4K through High school, making this bag even more earth conscious because you'll never need to replace it.
4. 4 Pack Travel Utensil set with carrying case - These sets of utensils are great for lunch boxes, bags and backpacks. They are made from wheat fiber and are sturdy enough to wash and reuse over and over but are biodegradable if they do make their way into the garbage.
5. Stasher Reusable Zip Bags - If you've followed us for even a little bit of time you'd know how much we love Stasher bags. We use these daily in our house. They are made from high quality silicone and come in several sizes and colors. We have three boys in our house and these have stood up to daily use for a couple years and they show no signs of wear. We highly recommend these for all your packing needs.
6. Jansport Recycled SuperBreak Backpack - From a trusted brand, a backpack made with 100% recycled material! These backpacks come in several color choices and are great for kids and adults of all ages.
7. think ECO Washable Organic Cotton Masks - These 100% Organic Cotton Masks are certified by EcoCert and come in sizes for kids all the way up to adults.
8. Dr. Bronner's Lavender Hand Sanitizer Spray - While it's hard to find a hand sanitizer that is truly natural or eco friendly, this Dr. Bronner's Lavender Spray is our favorite hand sanitizer. Made with only four Organic ingredients and no chemicals! This spray also includes a bit of aromatherapy with Lavender Essential Oil that is thought to help calm you.
9. Back to School Essential Oil Set - Speaking of aromatherapy, it wouldn't be right if we made this whole post without including our own Back To School Essential Oil Blend Set. This set was so popular last year, we brought it back this year. No matter what school looks like for you this year, everybody could use some Energy, Focus and Calm to start their school year off right.
10. Aromatherapy Bracelets - These natural stone, aromatherapy bracelets go great with our Back to School Blend set. Place a drop of essential oil onto the lava stones of a aromatherapy bracelet to keep your needed therapy close and available when you need it most! Our aromatherapy bracelets are made with 6mm beads instead of the standard 8mm beads so are a bit less bulky and a little more dainty than traditional aromatherapy bracelets.
Do you have any eco-friendly school essentials you'd like to share? We would love to hear about them. Send them to us and we will feature them on our social!